Spring 2021 Request for Proposals (Now Closed)
The NSRC recognizes and respects the deep, primary knowledge of Tribal Nations in the Northern Forest region and announces the NSRC Indigenous Forest Knowledge Fund to support:
- The education, mentorship, and training of Indigenous youth in applied forest research and/or Traditional Ecological Knowledge about forest systems;
- New applied forest research that advances Tribal priorities; and
- The synthesis and translation of forest research and/or Traditional Ecological Knowledge to advance communications, outreach, and economic programs for Tribal Nations and Indigenous communities.
$100,000 in NSRC funding will be awarded in 2021 to support between two and five projects, each in the $20,000 to $50,000 range, for one- to three-year funding terms.
- April 2, 2021: Proposals due electronically by 4:30 pm
- April 30, 2021: Notification of project award decisions
- May 31, 2021: Funding committed